**Creamy Truffle Sauce for Mushroom Ravioli**
- 200g fresh Champignons de Paris (Button mushrooms), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250g premade mushroom ravioli
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
1. **Prepare the Mushroom Ravioli:**
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the premade mushroom ravioli and cook according to the package instructions until they are tender but still slightly firm (al dente). This usually takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the ravioli and set them aside while you prepare the truffle sauce.
2. **Sauté the Mushrooms:**
- In a large skillet, heat a little oil or butter over medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped Champignons de Paris (Button mushrooms) to the skillet.
- Sauté the mushrooms until they release their moisture and start to turn golden brown, usually about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove about half of the sautéed mushrooms and set them aside for garnishing the dish later.
3. **Prepare the Truffle Sauce:**
- Return the skillet with the remaining sautéed mushrooms to the stove over medium heat.
- Add the truffle oil and stir to combine with the mushrooms.
- Pour in the heavy cream and gently stir to combine the cream with the mushrooms and truffle oil.
- Allow the mixture to come to a gentle simmer. Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes to thicken slightly.
4. **Season and Finish the Sauce:**
- Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper according to your taste preference. Remember that truffle oil is already flavorful, so be cautious with the salt.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the truffle oil if you'd like a stronger truffle flavor.
- If the sauce becomes too thick, you can add a splash of reserved pasta cooking water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Place the cooked mushroom ravioli onto serving plates or bowls.
- Ladle the creamy truffle sauce over the ravioli.
- Top with the reserved sautéed mushrooms.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese generously over the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a burst of color and freshness.
- Serve the mushroom ravioli with creamy truffle sauce immediately, while it's still warm.
- Pair it with a side salad or some crusty bread for a complete meal.
This recipe delivers a luxurious and flavorful dish that combines the earthy goodness of mushrooms with the indulgent aroma of truffle oil. It's sure to impress your guests and satisfy your cravings for a gourmet pasta experience!