Sure, here's a gluten-free meatloaf recipe with breadcrumbs and a touch of mustard:
**Gluten-Free Breadcrumb and Mustard Meatloaf**
For the meatloaf:
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (or a mixture of beef and pork)
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (or dairy-free alternative)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1. **Preheat the Oven:** Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. **Prepare the Meat Mixture:** In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, gluten-free breadcrumbs, chopped onion, minced garlic, eggs, milk, Dijon mustard, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix everything together well. You can use your hands or a spoon for this.
3. **Shape the Meatloaf:** Form the meat mixture into a loaf shape and place it in a greased loaf pan. You can also shape it on a baking sheet if you prefer a free-form loaf.
4. **Prepare the Glaze:** In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard to create the glaze.
5. **Apply the Glaze:** Spread about half of the glaze evenly over the top of the meatloaf, reserving the other half for later.
6. **Bake:** Place the meatloaf in the preheated oven and bake for about 45-55 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (70°C). If you're unsure, you can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature.
7. **Glaze Again:** About 10 minutes before the meatloaf is done, brush the remaining glaze over the top. This will give it a nice, sticky finish.
8. **Rest and Serve:** Once the meatloaf is cooked through, remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing. This helps the juices redistribute throughout the meatloaf, making it more tender and flavorful. Slice the meatloaf and serve it with your favorite sides.
Enjoy your delicious gluten-free breadcrumb and mustard meatloaf!
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding your favorite vegetables or herbs to the meat mixture for extra flavor and nutrition.